Arun Prem is based in southern California. He immigrated to New York City for college and later relocated to work in Los Angeles. He was born in New Delhi and grew up in various cities across India. The migratory life, relocation and dislocation are at the heart of his artistic expression. Arun did not formally study art; he is self-taught. His art is his expression, the chronicling of his experience in a universal language.
His art is infused with juxtaposing themes of presence and nostalgia, longing and discovery, disconnect and intimacy, identity and alienation. Nature, India, and contemporary socio-political shifts in human experience inspire Arun’s diverse portfolio. Arun’s favorite medium is oil. His art is featured in private collections India, USA, UK and countries across the globe.
- 2019 Dimensions, curator Richard Becker, Gallery 21, San Diego, CA
- 2019 Au Naturale, curator Emma Bloom, San Diego Museum of Art Artists Guild, San Diego, CA
- 2019 Artists Guild, curator Sonya Sparks, Lyceum Theatre, San Diego, CA
- 2017 Global Perspective, curator Ed Fosmire, SAC Arts Gallery, Santa Ana, CA
- 2016 Erasing Borders, curator Vijay Kumar, Center for the Arts, Bedford, NJ
- 2015 Erasing Borders, curator Vijay Kumar, Hammond Museum, New York City, NY
- 2014 Women Arts and Resistance, curator Myna Mukerjee, American Center, New Delhi
- 2014 Erasing Borders, curator Vijay Kumar, Mar Queens Museum, New York City, NY
- 2014 Erasing Borders, curator Vijay Kumar, Crossing Art Gallery, New York City, NY
- 2013 Group Show, curator Jennelise Heffen, Civic Center Library, Oceanside, CA
- 2012 Group Show, curator Lorraine Nazareth, Roche Bobois Gallery, Beverly Hills, CA
- 2011 My Best Friend, curator Jim Hornung, Encinitas Library Gallery, Encinitas, CA
- 2011 Colors of India, curator Courtney Hodnick, Art Depot Gallery, Fontana, CA